Samaya is a social company working in the Horeca-branch. Our team is multi-cultural, and we also employ people with a distance to the regular labour market. We have an own team for the housekeeping. In the morning this team works hard to clean the building and to get the rooms ready for the guests, so they can enter their rooms latest at 12:30 hours. You work in teams of 2 which gives you a good opportunity to learn the Dutch language and have personal / social contact. Also, this teams loves to work together and is socially driven to get the job done so our guests feel welcome and have a pleasant stay.
We are looking to recruit a housekeeping assistant who is service minded and who understands and can speak English or German and who is interested to learn more of the Dutch language and culture.
What you will be doing
It concerns the day-to-day general cleaning of our monumental monastery including the conference-rooms, the dining/livingroom and the guestrooms. The work is shared equally, so that every team member has a diversified task and pleasure in the total job. You will have a key role ensuring we deliver an excellent service to our guest, creating an inviting and pleasant environment. You will:
- Deliver housekeeping activities to a high standard, ensuring that cleanliness levels are maintained across the hotel-environment
- Ensure safe and hygienic working practices are delivered
- Provide support with (vacuum)cleaning, laundry duties, ensuring general waste is disposed
- Reporting any hazards or maintenance issues to the Housekeeping Supervisor.
Who are we looking for?
- A person who wants to learn the Dutch language and culture
- A hands-on mentality is preferred, as well as socially minded mindset.
- Previous experience working within a housekeeping environment is not required
- You are a team player who likes working in a team of two
- Understanding of the challenges and sensitivity required to support people who are in a (personal) training
The regular working hours are from 8 or 9 in the morning until app. 12:30, mostly on weekdays but exceptionally also during one day in the weekend. In the monthly time-schedule you can hand us your availability for the coming month (upfront), so we can adept to your preferred days. Of course, this depends on the guest booking during that period.
Size of the Job:
This vacancy will be based on a 0-hour contract or if desired a contract for 8 hours a week. This means that you will normally work 2 to 3 mornings each week. This is the normal frequency, but it can vary depending on the number of bookings for that period. Out of experience: during school holidays our centre has less guests so often the number of work is equally reduced. If you desire more or less hours, this can be negotiated.
According to the CAO for Horeca, scale III. This equals as of July 1st – € 13,97 bruto per hour including Holiday Bonus or (for the fixed 8 hours-contract) € 391,72 per month excluding Holiday Pay.
You can call Samaya anytime on 0031 (0)343-552332 and ask for Tonja or Liesbeth.
You want to apply?
We are looking for a flexible person who likes teamwork, who is pleasant to work with and who has a service minded attitude.
If you recognize yourself in this, please send us your motivation letter as well as your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We prefer people from the near-by area who live within 30 minutes from Werkhoven.